Bailey & Moore have a wide range of experience in all types of financial modelling projects. These can sometimes be a blank spreadsheet that needs to be turned into a business plan. In other cases the assignment can be a large scale pre-determined model such as NHS England’s Long Term Financial Model (LTFM) or the DHSC’s Generic Economic Model used in public sector business cases.
Whatever the project, we always to strive to build a solution that is specific to the client’s needs and not simply roll out a generic pre-packaged spreadsheet.
Some examples where have helped to build a financial model from scratch are:
- A mental health service seeking to set themselves up as an independent social enterprise and needing the necessary regulatory approval
- A community trust formed from the merger of 2 pre-existing providers
- 2 pathology joint ventures seeking to merge several provider departments into a single ‘hub and spoke’ service, where the business cases required regulatory approval
Other cases where we have used existing financial models include:
- LTFMs for a number of different NHS providers, including the merger of 2 acute trusts and the acquisition by an acute foundation trust of a community provider
- A variety of business cases for both providers and commissioners which have combined elements of bespoke financial modelling together with completion of the economic and financial cases in the Treasury prescribed format and population of the GEM for regulatory approval